Seriff Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Nothing new...

Well you guessed it. The powder blue tang did not make it. Apparently it was a hard fish to take care of so at least we know most people lose them in captivity. Even the fish store said they do not order them.. He was so pretty though.

It has been forever since I have written. I have Rose Bowl pictures but Jason has the image upload stuff on another PC that I have no idea how to get to and everytime I think of uploading them he is asleep. So maybe today I can get those up here.

We had a great time. Who knew that we would win. I am not sure any of us thought we would.

Work has been crazy but good. I have been solving some problems and moving ahead on projects. it was hard going back to work after being off for the Rose Bowl. No one on Friday worked. They kept talking about the game.

tomorrow there is a celebration at the stadium that we are going to try to go to. Parking will be nuts. Last chance to see Vince Young though. He is leaving us to go make several million. I don't blame him.

Last Sunday we went to look at carpet and Tile. We are thinking of replacing the whole downstairs. I think we have settled on tile to help control the pet hair. Loki is cute but man he sheds another animal. I think we will have an appointment for Monday to hopefully get an estimate. The tile we liked, the company has ordered more so we can have several to lay on the floor to get a good idea of what it will be like. We are thinking 20x20 tiles on a diagonal with dark grout. Should look nice and add value to our house.

I have finally ran 2.8 miles. It took us 35 minutes. I was soooo proud of myself. It does not sounds like a long time.. but it you have ever tried running - it is hard! But I like it. I burned 428 calories according to my new watch. So in a week I added up to 1250 in 4 workouts. It kind of encourages you to keep going. But since I can run over 2 miles now (without stopping) we are looking into a 5K run in March. Should be fun. The Jewish Community Center is putting it on.. and are we surprised that it is called "Bagel Fest". At the end of the run you get as many bagels as you want!. They are raising money for The Jewish academy and I think some heart hospital.. not sure... You have to pay fo all of these races because typically they are fundraisers... You can walk them if you want.. so we will run and walk.

That is about it. I did not run this morning because it is 32 degrees outside and cedar is very high. For those of you who do not live in Austin.. we dye every year due to allergies and Cedar Fever.... You can not breathe, itchy nose, running nose, itchy throat.. etc... Just miserable. no I decided that since I can not breathe I would hang out at home this morning.. I know - good excuse.. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home