Virtual World
In the advancing world of technology, it amazes me what might exist when my kiddo is older. I never much thought about its advancement until I had a kid. I guess I took for granted that “tapes” barely were used and “CDs” were in. Will she see flying cars in her lifetime.. Will vacations into space be possible or even affordable? Will be finally cure some of those plaguing cancers that take the best from us?
I started thinking about all this when using Skype the other day. Basically, if you have never used it- its video conferencing for free. At times the quality is not good, but it’s amazing how much my 2 yr old knows her relatives because of it.
At first she barely understood what was going on. “Grandpa, pick me up.”.. Well sweetie he can’t.. He’s in the computer. But know she even says the word “skype” and in the toddler way, attempts “compuder”. How far have we come where 2 yr olds says “skype".
I was reading the other day about how Play dates are even being attempted in the virtual world. “Togetherville” is Facebook aimed at 6 to 10 yr olds. Social networking at 6. Why not?
In an age where hardly any family members live close together. skype has become a lifeline. And because of it, she knows her grandparents, Aunts, great Aunts a whole lot better! We have conversations about school and friends.
So technology should be fun to watch in her lifetime.
I started thinking about all this when using Skype the other day. Basically, if you have never used it- its video conferencing for free. At times the quality is not good, but it’s amazing how much my 2 yr old knows her relatives because of it.
At first she barely understood what was going on. “Grandpa, pick me up.”.. Well sweetie he can’t.. He’s in the computer. But know she even says the word “skype” and in the toddler way, attempts “compuder”. How far have we come where 2 yr olds says “skype".
I was reading the other day about how Play dates are even being attempted in the virtual world. “Togetherville” is Facebook aimed at 6 to 10 yr olds. Social networking at 6. Why not?
In an age where hardly any family members live close together. skype has become a lifeline. And because of it, she knows her grandparents, Aunts, great Aunts a whole lot better! We have conversations about school and friends.
So technology should be fun to watch in her lifetime.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home