Seriff Blog

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Here is what I do know.

I drive better when my daughter is in the car. Not because I’m cautious of my responsibility but rather of the music she insists we listen to makes me calmer.

I worry about her all the time. I worry I don’t do enough to make her a better person.

But she makes me a better person in everything I do because I tend to do it for her.

She already cares when another kid cries or falls down. She already offers a hand to help another kid climb or get up (even though she really can’t help).

At the end of the day, I don’t want to lose me; ten years from now, I don’t want to wonder what hobbies I have or goals I want because every waking hour has been dedicated to moving her in a forward, positive direction.

She is a good lesson in patience – something I sucked at most of the time; so I think it was God’s way of slowing me down.

My life is better because she is in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home